Last week, we had the pleasure of attending our first BYOBF Network event.
BYOBF is a professional networking group for South Asian women founded by Manpreet Dhillon and Sukhi Ghuman. It was created because they saw a need for a networking group that not only provides women with an opportunity to network in a safe and fun environment, but also celebrates the successes of South Asian women. It is the first organization of its kind in North America.
Their latest event, which happened last Wednesday, was Creating Balance though Health, Fitness and Wellness, in collaboration with Catalyst Kinetics Group.
The evening started off networking with a diverse group of fifteen South Asian Women. Then it was off to the training studio and for a warm-up and then circuit training led by Jason Sarai.
After the workout, with a replenishing smoothie in hand, we headed upstairs for a presentation from Jason Sarai about how to create balance through healthy living in our lives. It was a very informative session.
Some of the key points are definitely things to think about:
– exercising 3 times a week isn’t enough, now you need 4-5 times a week, even if it’s just a brisk, half hour walk each day
– it’s important to replenish your body within 45 minutes of your workout to ensure your body absorbs all the nutrients
– breakfast should be your biggest meal to kickstart your day
– shakes shouldn’t be a meal replacement, they should only be a snack
– even if you don’t like exercising, it’s important to fit it in, to live a healthy life
We left the that evening with a renewed and energized spirit. We had met some really interesting women and had some new motivation to incorporate these healthy living tips into our lives.
BYOBF Network holds events every few months for women to come together, talk, make connections and learn. For more information, you can visit their website www.byobfnetwork.com or you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.